Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2017

Shit, man... Hope you feel better soon!
    • CommentAuthorMr. E
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2017 edited

Just submitted with about 10 min left. whew that was a struggle.

Edit: had to resubmit due to terrain clipping and a missing brake section.

Edit 2: Submitted again a v3 because of a brake section issue.

I submitted one ever five min for the lat 10 min.. -_- I just kept finding issues... ugh

Also can you say how many entries there were?
    • CommentAuthorDelay

Wow. Submitted 4 minutes before the end. That was fun!
    • CommentAuthorInkyz

Submitted about 15 seconds before 9pm... wow.

edit: and I just realised there are supports on the path so I'm officially disqualified
    •  
      CommentAuthorRK

^Me too. And I already found big mistakes that happened because of last minute changes on the wooden layout...
    Feel like two coasters were a little bit too much especially with a wooden one.
    Anyway it was still very enjoyable so thanks for hosting this contest!

Edit: Aaand submitted an older version of the park.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDonidia

I really think that I've at least earned myself an honorable mention this competition. completed in 2 hours, and made the best coaster ever.

Floppy V2.

the Schwarzkopf shuttle loop (Psyké terror) and the GCI woodie (Timber Dash)
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

49 entries in the form. Some are duplicates so the ultimate final count will shrink a bit. Interesting how many people squeezed entries in right up to the deadline:

Edit: 47 final entries accepted before the form closed.

-Ride_Op
    • CommentAuthorMr. E

What do you count as supports clipping trees? and what about stations and paths?

LADIES and GENTLEMAN I PRESENT DISAPPOINTMENT!!!!!!!

I'm going to be disqualified because I forgot to change the entrance side of the station... All that for nothing.

I don't know if it counts though it's only the exit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

Thanks for participating everyone. Please let us know what you thought of the contest by replying to the Contest Complete message on our FB page or here. We'll get the results up as soon as they are all reviewed and we have a winner.

-Ride_Op
    Wish I could have entered. 9 am to 2 pm on a Sunday is hard to do. If it had been in the afternoon possibly would have been better. Best wishes to all who entered. I think ill download the template and see what it was like.
    ^Unfortunately it has to be early for the western US because of our European competitors.
    • CommentAuthorDelay

^It's 10:45(pm) for me now
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

I had so much speed and space to make the rest of the layout but I spent too much time on fixing small issues that I threw together the worst coaster ending ever. I have no idea if the coaster works correctly or not xD The good thing is that I finished and submitted, and hopefully next year I can make it even further!

Edit: after watching the recap post from Patrick, I noticed that I forgot to add supports as well, and the shuttle coaster crashed... I had a good laugh at that! I think that means automatic DQ, good luck to everyone else that didn't!
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

Down to 42 entries after 5 entries did not provide a valid download link to download their parks.

-Ride_Op
    • CommentAuthorDelay

^Was I one of them?
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

You're good, we have a file from you.

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthorDonidia
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2017

Floppy isn't one is it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

Am I good? I used a drive link and could've messed it up :/.

Also. I want to personally say I felt this years 5HOP was rather disappointing and didn't feel challenging enough. I loved last years where obstacles were very prominent and you were forced to think outside of the box with your entire creation. This year felt very laid back in the sense that you truly didn't have to do much to make sure your coaster met the requirements.

...But hey, it was still plenty of fun, thank you guys for hosting one of the best contests on here yet again!
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

You're also good. If you are curious if the download link worked, did you get the receipt of all your entries in an email? If so, look what you submitted for a download link and see if you can download it.

Judging note: The judging of Kevin Stone will be judgingly judged by the judgy Bill Brandt.

-Ride_Op
    I was all ready to go this morning....then I got called into work early. Maybe next year! Can't wait to see what everyone came up with!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26

The judging of Kevin Stone will be judgingly judged by the judgy Bill Brandt

Aww, Kevin's not so bad. Judgement: PASSED.

Can a list be posted with the nicknames from who made it, would like to see that :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

I want to see a list of all the entry names tbh
    • CommentAuthorDelay

^Trust me. You don't.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

D'aww I missed all the streams as I was away yesterday. Do you guys recorded them?
    • CommentAuthorEmonadeo
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2017 edited

Code said he probably won't upload his due to cringe. I also watched some on twitch, maybe the videos are still online
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

He did upload it privately, I'd rather not link it because it's not a good representation of the NL2 community (even though it still is) xD
    • CommentAuthorEmonadeo

That's why everyone refers to Nolimits as a game. Though it technically is a simulation, it has a community that is just as insane as a gaming community.
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

We're coaster enthusiasts, we're the most insane a community gets.
    •  
      CommentAuthorVinyworld283
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2017 edited

Posted By: KingRCT3D'aww I missed all the streams as I was away yesterday. Do you guys recorded them?

I have recorded it, the comming days I'll upload daily a video about the 5 hours of power like the pov's and the stream click here for my youtube channel
    •  
      CommentAuthoriSatnav
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2017 edited

Put together a video of my 2 entries, click below to see. Thanks to the devs, as ever, for hosting such a ridiculously intense contest.

Clicky
    •  
      CommentAuthorAJClarke0912
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2017 edited

Posted By: ZergeiHe did upload it privately, I'd rather not link it because it's not a good representation of the NL2 community (even though it still is) xD

Maybe he could do some editing and make a little 30 minute version that skips over the filthier parts lol. That'd still be a lot of work though.

Status update from me:
    I've finished my third of rapid judging (wait, AJ did something on time??) so now we are patiently waiting for Bill before we proceed to the final round.
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2017

6 finalists have moved on from the opening round to the final, detailed scoring round. Once we have all of these coasters ranked we'll announce a winner and post the overall results.

-Ride_Op
    Posted By: ride_op6 finalists have moved on from the opening round to the final, detailed scoring round. Once we have all of these coasters ranked we'll announce a winner and post the overall results.

-Ride_Op

Are you really telling us that the judging process is nearly finished, I am partly in disbelieve because it's just been 3 days after the contest :O
    • CommentAuthorDelay

^Well, all they have to do is look at the coasters. The scenery was already given.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

I'm eager for the results! Can't wait to see code win again.
    •  
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2017 edited

^^Owh wow, I've looked to the dates from last year and that was july 23rd the competition and july 31st the results, I thought it took 2 weeks for the judging last year :X
    • CommentAuthorEmonadeo

Honestly I don't think Code will win. Though both his coasters were decent I actually think some others did quite well too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

^I mean of course my ride was ions better than any other. I just wanted to make code feel better about his submission, the devs should start carving my name into that plate early.
    I think that iSatnav is a potential winner, if I judge from his video
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2017

A couple things to keep in mind re: the speed of judging thus far:

• Remember that our task is not to rank and do detailed reviews of 40+ odd rides (though everyone will get at least a few sentences of feedback! Y'all spent 5 hours hammering away at coasters, the least we can do is give you some thoughts on your efforts!). Rather, each judge was assigned a certain number of tracks to comment on, search for DQs, and identify standout rides. Those standout rides from each judge will move on to a round of more detailed judging and actual ranking, where everyone gets input. If there were any runners up or "near standouts," those would be looked at by the other judges at this time to determine if they should be included in the final ranking/roundup. At any rate, that first round of filtering goes relatively quickly.
    • There were a LOT of DQs. We'll still give some feedback for these rides, but DQ'd rides cannot move on to the more detailed judging and ranking, no matter how good the rides are. To give you an idea of what "a lot" might mean - in my set of rides, more than a third were DQ'd, all for template boundary violations. Even if the violation was minor, the rules were clear cut, and no exceptions are being made by any of the judges.
    • We're really, really good. No, JK, it actually took a few hours each.

So, anywho, as Tom said: the first round's done, and we have our 6 standout rides. More detailed judging is now in process, and while that does require a bit more time and coordination, we hope to announce a results date (and results release show livestream time) soon™! As always, this has been super fun to be a part of, to the point that I'm thinking next year I may just have to forego judging and... enter...

And since I've built like... exactly one NL2 ride ever, that should scare precisely none of you.

•  
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2017 edited

Posted By: BBSpeed26

A couple things to keep in mind re: the speed of judging thus far:

• Remember that our task is not to rank and do detailed reviews of 40+ odd rides (though everyone will get at least a few sentences of feedback! Y'all spent 5 hours hammering away at coasters, the least we can do is give you some thoughts on your efforts!). Rather, each judge was assigned a certain number of tracks to comment on, search for DQs, and identify standout rides. Those standout rides from each judge will move on to a round of more detailed judging and actual ranking, where everyone gets input. If there were any runners up or "near standouts," those would be looked at by the other judges at this time to determine if they should be included in the final ranking/roundup. At any rate, that first round of filtering goes relatively quickly.
    • There were a LOT of DQs. We'll still give some feedback for these rides, but DQ'd rides cannot move on to the more detailed judging and ranking, no matter how good the rides are. To give you an idea of what "a lot" might mean - in my set of rides, more than a third were DQ'd, all for template boundary violations. Even if the violation was minor, the rules were clear cut, and no exceptions are being made by any of the judges.
    • We're really, really good. No, JK, it actually took a few hours each.

So, anywho, as Tom said: the first round's done, and we have our 6 standout rides. More detailed judging is now in process, and while that does require a bit more time and coordination, we hope to announce a results date (and results release show livestream time) soon™! As always, this has been super fun to be a part of, to the point that I'm thinking next year I may just have to forego judging and... enter...

And since I've built like... exactly one NL2 ride ever, that should scare precisely none of you.

One question about your first point, I understand that only a few will get their feedback in the results stream (if there will be one like last year) because you can't give feedback about 40+ coasters in one stream, would be really boring if you did xD but the other people will their feedback be written somewhere in the parkfile or in the results post, just curious :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2017 edited

Judging is complete! Live broadcast of the results will be Monday, September 4th, at 11 am EST on our YouTube channel! (no longer on Twitch)

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2017

And I solemnly swear to have a less garbage microphone this year. Woot. As for Vinny's question... that's an excellent question. We'll get back to you ASAP.

We're livestreaming contest results and winners on YouTube - take a look!

https://gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq1U7y9b9ug
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2017 edited

New stream already up? I lost it

EDIT: New stream is up
    Thanks for tuning in despite our troubles lol. I'm going to post more detailed results this week, so stick around!
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2017

Will there be a download pack?
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2017

I sure hope so.