Not signed in (Sign In)

Site Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorBullero
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2017 edited

photo ForumHeader_zpsqa51xpfq.jpg
    A community showcase

The idea
    After seeing some of the incredible NL2 projects on the forums, I thought it would be nice to create a community showcase. A lot of projects lend themselves perfectly for Fly-through / Fly-over videos, so why not create one epic flight journey through a number of great NL2 projects?
    ‘Flying Without Limits’ will be a Flying Theatre system, somewhat inspired by the 'TrueFlight' system of Dynamic Attractions (ex. Wings Over Washington). It will show a montage of community projects, Soarin' style.

A community showcase? What's that supposed to mean?
    'Flying Without Limits' will take it's riders on a journey through the best NoLimts2 projects. And here is where I need your input!

Please let me know if you want to be featured in this project! I am looking for:
    - Concept art / rough sketches that you have made. Even if it is not NL2 related, I would like to feature some concept art drawings of theme park rides / landscaping / architecture made by the community.
    - Of course, matching NoLimits2 project would be nice!
    - Just great NoLimits2 projects!
    - Voice-over audio: I would like to have a voice-over for the preshow and maybe even for the main show. Details will follow, but let me know if you are interested.
    - If someone is into composing music, let me know! It would be awesome to have community theme music for the preshow / main show as well.
    - Scripting help: The Flying Theatre needs to be scripted to match the media, and I might need some help with that. I would also like to create (a) preshow(s) that start when you are close to it in the Simulation (trigger audio, lighting and object movement).

In order to shoot media in your project, I will need the NL2 park or package file. In there, I will create a flight path that a camera will follow. All these videos will be edited into one long flight, just like Soarin’.

Questions
    Will I get featured in the experience if I send in stuff?
    Short answer: yes
    Long answer: it depends on the flow of the story if your project will be in the main show, the +/- 5 min film that’s played during the Flying Theatre experience.
    HOWEVER: There is a lot of room for screenshots, renders, concept art, models within the whole 'Fling Without Limits' experience (queue line, exit path, preshow). So it will definitely be referenced to in the final project!

Do I have any input on how my project is displayed?
    Of course! If you are interested in being featured, and want to send in a project, please let me know if there are any things that you would like to put emphasis on! Of course, I will show the video to contributors before it will be released.

Conclusion
    Feel free to comment on this idea, and let me know what you think!

Cheers,
    Bullero
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Jamp Up Land must be in this! Can you do Jamp Up Land in this?
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

That's an awesome idea and a great project!
    I have nothing really to submit, but I'll be closely following this.

I don't know if that would help, but here's the patent for Dynamic Attraction's Flying Theater, with a ton of drawings (from page 28 to page 63). Also, this Vlog goes well behind the scenes of a Flying Theater.
    That is if you want reference materials, but you can also go with your own verion, that wouldn't be less amazing!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani

Sounds interesting, but before starting I would suggest that you create a tech demo that ensures that everything works as expected.

First I would suggest it presents the technique and limitations for projecting NL2 video content onto a curved screen which is common on flying theatres. I think just using cylindric UV projected would not lead to a great effect.
    Furthermore a check for the limitations regarding frame rate and frame size of the final video content. So determine the memory consumption and loading times for different movie qualities, maybe present different results for discussion here. This could show for example that 5 minute of video content could be too long regarding loading time and memory consuption when a certain image quality should be maintained or that you can even go away with 10 minutes.
    And finally which technique should be used for the movements. I expect that scripting these would be a very bad idea and that you can have a much better and quicker result when you create keyframed models for the movements, but showing that would be also a job for your tech demo.

If the tech demo shows that everything would work as expected I would be interested in providing some content.
    • CommentAuthorBullero
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2017

^^^ Of course, that would be great
    ^^Thanks for the info!
    ^A tech demo is definitely something that I'm working on atm, so stay tuned for that! The idea behind scripting the motion of the FT would be that it could re-sync with the media when lag happens. Thanks for your advice on video quality: I think it is a good idea to show video tests on the forums to see how it works out.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Here is the most current Jamp Up Land version.

<a href="https://www.dropbox.com/s/dr6waquppiu4snu/Jamp%20Up%20Land.nl2pkg?dl=0">Link text</a>
    • CommentAuthorBlaseRhine

Depending how long this takes to do... In a few months (hopefully before October 1st) Ill have Elementum ready to be released and would be more than happy to give it to you for this project. I absolutely love the idea!
    •  
      CommentAuthoriSatnav

There's a couple of decent fly through spots on Warehouse 13 if you don't mind me blowing my own trumpet.
    Also, I'd suggest looking at 'Really Slow Motion' for some decent (royalty free) scores, they have some very good tracks on there.
    • CommentAuthortlansdell
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2017

Here's my Intamin Semi-Shuttle Zen if you'd like to use it.

Zen

^^It's worth noting that RSM's music is *not* royalty free. They specifically state that monetization of content that uses their scores requires the uploader to purchase a license from them.

Source