Not signed in (Sign In)

Site Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

While I was away in Spain for a few weeks, I started to experiment with the capabilities of NL2's Telemetry output. In the process, I created a force-analysis application to create a metric graph of the forces and other data over time for a ride.

For Example, here's a Compact Schwarzkopf Looping coaster I made:

And using the telemetry output, I created a program that produced this graph:

Yellow = Height
    Blue = Vertical Gs
    Green = Lateral Gs
    Red = Acceleration Gs
    Black = Speed

It doesn't really have much practical use yet, but I thought it was neat.

If anyone wants to make their own graphs, you can download the application here
    (May require a JRE to run, which you can get here)

You also have to enable telemetry in your Nolimits 2 settings, as shown below

After that, just run the application after Nolimits 2 has started and it should start as soon as the park loads. It doesn't save it yet, so don't close the application or you will loose the data.

Here's a few more interesting graphs:

Red Force

Tatsu

Flying Dutchman
    lmao "Planet Coaster 2" "No Limits 3"
    •  
      CommentAuthorKWTbolt
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2017

Could this be tweaked to show acceleration of forces?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani

Yeah nice one! I did something quite similar last week but for my purpose I choose another displaying method.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Can you release the compact coaster you made for this?
    • CommentAuthorDelay

The yellow line is quite hard to see against a white background. Maybe you can make that a bit darker?
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

^ That and being able to hide/unhide each line.

Otherwise that's really awesome, thanks for sharing your work, Code. It really looks like the TÜV measurements, so that's neat.
    Thanks for all the feedback! I'll try to make the height line a little more visible in the next patch.

I've tweaked the program to allow it to "unwrap" a coaster. I took the ingame Fenrir track and got this:

Here's a few more:

Hydra:

Big Loop:

LBosch's Shambhala:

Saw - The Ride:
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2017

Hey excellent!

For the comparaison I've put LBosch's Shambhala and the official B&M plan together:

•  
      CommentAuthorTijjer

Pretty cool! Also just wondering but does it record data from the center of the train or from whatever seat you are riding in?
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Can you show a graph of my 16 mile long I'm Sorry jetcoaster?
    ^why don't you download it and do it yourself?