Not signed in (Sign In)

Site Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorjakecallan
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2017 edited

Hey everyone, I'm working on a kind of semi large project at the moment called Terror Trail. Its a GCI wooden coaster I've put together with a few unique features, namely a launch and and free fall section. I see the ride as a bit of a mash up between Mystic Timbers and Thirteen. The idea came about from the whats in the shed gimmick on Mystic Timbers, I wanted to kind of parody it at first and actually make the shed a bit more worth while, it sort of evolved into this.

(screenshots taken by Coasterfan312)

There are still quite a few things I want to do to finish up the ride, like sorting out some textures and filling up some of the empty spaces. I'm also seeking a little assistance, I cant for the life of me work out how to add a camera script to my custom train, if anyone could assist with a script i could simply plug in and use it would be greatly appreciated! Lastly I'll leave you with #WhatsInTheShed?

(sorry for accidentally posting the thread twice, my browser messed up)
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2017

While I can't really help with the camera script, could I use that train (with a slight modification or two) when you're done with this project? I love the look of it so far!
    This is looking promising! Looks like some really nice work. It reminds me of my coaster, Woodland Raider, with the terrain interaction, mid-course launch and custom station fly-through.
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2017 edited

Posted By: ZergeiWhile I can't really help with the camera script, could I use that train (with a slight modification or two) when you're done with this project? I love the look of it so far!

You could use it although your probably just better off using the current in game one and adding some 3Ds to those, these one were designed only so that I could use the drop track feature.

Posted By: CoolioJoe100This is looking promising! Looks like some really nice work. It reminds me of my coaster, Woodland Raider, with the terrain interaction, mid-course launch and custom station fly-through.

Thanks! I'm not sure sure its quite as good as Woodland Raider, as that was a really cool ride!

I was able to fix my camera issue which meant I was able to record a pov :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorraptoralex
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2017

Nice work. One question: Why do so many spots have the boards covering the bottom of the track? What is that for? You've got it in practically every valley. Is it so grease doesn't hit the ground?
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2017 edited

Posted By: raptoralexNice work. One question: Why do so many spots have the boards covering the bottom of the track? What is that for? You've got it in practically every valley. Is it so grease doesn't hit the ground?

Thanks! The catwalk on the high banked sections disappear so it's for whoever is inspecting the track each morning can easily access each side of the catwalk, instead of navigating the rails, as it is potentially quite dangerous.
    •  
      CommentAuthorraptoralex
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2017

Yeah, I get that, but you have them in the bottom of valleys where the track is not highly banked. It seems like you found out you could do it and then overdid it.
    I agree with raptor. I'm all for those little details, but you also have to be realistic about it or else it is just distracting. Typically you will only find the boards in the middle of the track where the existing catwalks switch from one side of the track to the other. That is where they have to, and will most often, cross the track while inspecting it.

I do really like the coaster as a whole, and I love the compactor effect in the shed! Unsuspecting claustrophobic people will be in for quite a treat! lol
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2017

Posted By: raptoralexYeah, I get that, but you have them in the bottom of valleys where the track is not highly banked. It seems like you found out you could do it and then overdid it.

I think there's a small case of that, it was one of the last things I did before completing the coaster and kinda rushed it By not properly referencing a real GCI to see how it's done. You could say I was being a bit lazy basically.

Posted By: CoolioJoe100I agree with raptor. I'm all for those little details, but you also have to be realistic about it or else it is just distracting. Typically you will only find the boards in the middle of the track where the existing catwalks switch from one side of the track to the other. That is where they have to, and will most often, cross the track while inspecting it.

I do really like the coaster as a whole, and I love the compactor effect in the shed! Unsuspecting claustrophobic people will be in for quite a treat! lol

See above comment. And thanks, really glad you liked the compactor effect, it's just one of those thing that I think would work really well in scaring the shit out of people in real life :p