Not signed in (Sign In)

Site Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Hello!

I'm a firm believer that a video is worth a million words so I'll just leave you with this:

Those are 2 entirely separate computers playing on a nolimits 2 map. Of course it's a little buggy at the moment, but with a few more tweaks and touches I can have a somewhat stable version that will be available for download sometime in the near future.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2017 edited

^^ Great, what did you used in your case? I did it once using an intermediate file on the hard disk, would be interesting if you used another way.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2017

Jesus Code, this is actually amazing. How does file sharing work? Does everyone download the same file beforehand or does it automatically download whatever file the host has? This could be really awesome for opening rides with a lot of hype, to have everyone in the same place experiencing it for the first time, oh my god.

Jumping from this... What's the possibility of being able to make a multiplayer mode for the actual editor? Now THAT would make NL2 a lot more enjoyable.
    ^^ I used a similar method to you.

^ Everyone has to download a compatible map and then just run a client or server application. Editor multiplayer unfortunately is impossible.

I've created a GUI that can be used to create and join servers. Still have a few more bugs to iron out before I release it though (as a very early alpha at that).
    • CommentAuthorDelay

That is awesome!
    But... "Health","Ammo"? Are you trying to make a fps in nolimits?
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion

It's absolutely amazing what you've done. Have you tried it with an actual park instead of just an empty one yet?
    • CommentAuthorrct800

Just thinking about a park like Terra and around 50+ people exploring the park at the same time and queue lines for the coasters... Amazing work Code!
    • CommentAuthoriHack97

This is f****** insane! You've created another play mode in this game and that mindblowned me. Pretty Hyped for the release!
    • CommentAuthorEmonadeo

Did you use Netty? (Since this is obviously Java)
    ^ I didn't, I coded it using the built in libraries.

^^ Thanks! I plan to have it out soon.

^^^ I've tried it with Terra and it's a lot of fun!

^^^^ as I said above I tried it with Terra, it's very easy to make a map compatible too!

^^^^^ maybe...

I've now added support for more than 2 players!

(3 Players, one is the camera)
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2017

At least give credit to the two other people who pioneered the 3 player system smh
    ^ if you insist haha

Credit to Akali and Paradox for being testers!

Here's a video of the progress:

oh. whoops!

Credit to Coastin' Dave for making the Parkour Course and for modifying the Lego Minifig model!
    • CommentAuthorBullero

Awesome! So does this mean that we will get the 'Ride Of Your Life' Zombie shooter after all?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2017 edited

I'm just wondering what method you chose to get the player position out of NL2? I have few methods in my mind, but they don't seem very practicable or stable, I realized that the telemetry only sends coaster positions and not player positions.
    • CommentAuthorDelay

^^I think Code's working with the developers on getting the shooter working and that he's just covering it up as a multiplayer.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83

Please leave the player avatars as Lego minifigs, hahaha
    ^^^^ Maybe ... :)

^^^ It uses the console log

^^ not quite

^ Will do! Don't plan on changing them anytime soon, and they are super fun to look at!

I've started experimenting with usernames, right now you enter upto 7 characters into the launcher and it will create a username in-game for you!

• CommentAuthoriHack97
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2017 edited

Posted By: TheCodeMaster

^^^ It uses the console log

Did you use "System.out.println()" for that ? That seems to use a lot of ressources...
    • CommentAuthoriHack97
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2017

Any news on this ?
    no
    ^^ I am still hard at work trying to optimise this for release and to make more than 2 player support more stable.
    Stress tested with 7 people on the server at once today!

Much more stable, looking forward to release sometime in the future!
    • CommentAuthornSeven
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2017

This is incredible, hahahaha.