Not signed in (Sign In)

Site Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthornolimiters
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2017 edited

Walibi Belgium's Mega coaster.

Thoughts, MACK? Intamin? or B&M?

Earlier we saw this layout:
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2017

The earlier layout was a place-holder, now this is the real deal.

I can't tell the manufacturer, and this is driving me crazy, haha. I'd say Intamin or even B&M from the supports (if ever those are accurate), but otherwise I don't know...
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters

Yeah, definitely a placeholder, but still pretty similar.
    The placeholder looks like a mack, but at the new one, it just isn't a mack drop.
    Also that tophat thing at the return point seems a thing that only intamin would do.
    Or maybe it's a vekoma?
    Definitely could be Vekoma because of the cutback. I can't see Intamin doing it with that flat shaping. Mack is plausible too. I'm gonna guess it's not B&M or Intamin, but with their changes in design style it could be one of them too. It's a tough one to tell.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDanSm1l3r

The radius of the crest of the lift tends to indicate Intamin to me. Could still be wrong though.
    • CommentAuthorEmonadeo

Definetly not B&M. If you look at the element that appears to be a hammerhead from the top view it has to go near-vertical. I couldn't imagine B&M to build such an element. Also I am wondering why nobody has considered Gerstlauer yet.
    Yeah based on Karnan's support structure (outside of that first odd element) and layout, it could definitely be Gerstlauer. The middle section of Karnan looks decently similar in style to the ending of this coaster.

Funny how say 5-10 years ago, there were very few times we might be unsure of the manufacturer if given these types of pictures. Now with their styles changing and some mimicking others or otherwise having similar features, it's much harder to say anything with certainty.
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2017 edited

^Makes the game more fun!
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

Depending on the manufacturer the ride could either be really good or pretty mediocre. Looks like there aren't too many airtime moments and a lot of turns.