Not signed in (Sign In)

Site Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorEmonadeo
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2017 edited

I am happy and proud to launch a Scripting project for anyone to use and contribute to. It is basically a Script which adds several togglable Sounds to a coaster.

As of version 1.1.0 it features 6 different Sounds:

- B&M Lifthill
    - B&M Roar (© TheCodeMaster)
    - GCI Lifthill
    - Old Lifthill
    - Clunky Lifthill
    - Misc Roar (© TheCodeMaster)

How does it sound? (YouTube) Note: These only showcases the initial 4 sounds added. I won't make a new video for every update.
    DownloadInstallationContribute

Feel free to submit your own sounds. My dream is literally adding sounds for every major manufacturer.
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles

It's weird that the normal sound still plays beneath it, and also they seem too loud in comparison to the other audible noises.
    • CommentAuthorEmonadeo
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2017

It's unfortunatly not possible to remove the existing sound...
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

What you could do is just disable the anti rollbacks for the lift segment, then add a dummy track with the rollbacks enabled.
    • CommentAuthorEmonadeo

True, that would remove the clunking noise, however the humming is permanent as long as you dont replace the complete lifthill by a dummy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani

Sounds like a sound sound script project ;-).

Looks rather easy to use, from my first reading without any additional checking what I think a bit conceptionally daring is the 1 to 1 binding of the sound class to a coaster section using the name (for example what do you do when you use two lifts on your coaster since section names must be unique or if other scripts require special section names), I guess there could be a better way to achieve this, but overall it's a nice idea. You can expect some pull request soon. ;-)

By the way: A hacky workaround for getting rid of original coaster sounds would be flagging the additional sounds as music and turning the nl2 sound level to 0 just keeping the music - but this has its limitations of course.
    • CommentAuthorEmonadeo

^ I have an idea to fix the multi-lift issue by using numbers. So instead of having one section named, the names could be appended by a number. Let's actually try this :D
    • CommentAuthorMrRC

U can tick the box by "Silent motor" in the lift proportionbox ?
    • CommentAuthorEmonadeo
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2017 edited

#Update v1.1.0:

I now added the possibility to have the same sound on multiple sections and there are 2 new sounds I stole from TheCodeMaster. (I actually didn't steal them, I asked for permission before :D)

New Sounds:
    * B&M Roar
    * Misc Roar
    (Both are from TCM's legacy SoundKit which is currently broken)

Extended Naming Scheme:
    Each section name which has a sound now has to be appended by _ and a number from 1 counting up, so you can have moar sections to a sound! :)

I am still playing around with Distance Parameters, Gain and Pitch so they might not sound optimal yet. (I figured they sound a bit different to Code's video, even though I copied the same pitch, distance and gain settings :/)

Download 1.1.0