Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorAJClarke0912
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2010 edited

Welcome to the super, the duper...

The Über Idea Thread

_______________________________________________________________________________________

What this thread is for:

• Previewing rides (like an upcoming ride/topic that you might post, or preview picture of a ride)
    • Presenting possible themes and ride ideas for others to see or even use
    • Posting single track layouts that you might not finish
    • Scrapbooking ideas
    • CommentAuthorYoshiking

Photobucket

This... I honestly have no clue, but one day I was just thinking, "I'm gonna make a huge loop!!! :P". Note the :P is in the quote, cause that was probably how I looked when I thought this. It's all handbuilt, so I figure it's not too bad, and I added the banking by hand too.
    ^Is that a twist at the very top? I can tell by the heartline... :P
    • CommentAuthorYoshiking

Yea, the apex is at exactly 0 degrees, and the twist is gradually onset and probably covers about 1/6 of the loop. I think one day maybe I'll theme it, or make it a little more realistic or something, but the problem is it's gonna be unrealistic no matter what, so...
    Wristwatches gone bonkers! No more, no less...
    •  
      CommentAuthorAJClarke0912

Little "advertisement" on what Purgatory IS...sinister... >:-)
    [sketches tonight on the surprise features to be edited here...]

Purg_advert
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A sketch of the Portal idea...and how guests will react...
    Purg_portal-sketch
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A surprise drop...the real drop will have a bottom section exposed to the public for a split second, but the top be covered (fake and real), that way the fake drop looks like the one the riders were going down, but it's actually the first one (real drop). This will make the surprise more frightening...
    Purg_hidden-drop sketch
    • CommentAuthormrfeeny
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2010

I have two projects that i really want to do:

Well my first project is on hold indefinately untill i get really good at 3d's. It is an intamin ride built to ride like/be a log flume. I would build a 3d mountain around it and even a water canal for it to go through. Think Splash Mountain or Dudley Do-Rights Rip Saw Falls. The track is complete at this point but as I said. Themeing will take a long long long time.

My second project which also would be a horror ride like AJ's is Project Dead Space (TM). This would be a Euro-fighter themed to Dead Space. This ride would be like the Spider-Man ride at IOA combined with a traditional euro-fighter. Heavily themed to the inside of the Ishimura Planet Cracker this would be a horror ride that would put the Saw ride to shame. This project looks to be a long way off in the distance but I am really excited about this project and hopefully will be able to get this one done.
    ^Yes, 3D's really hold back my ideas...I'm completely unskilled at them. If I had Inventor, I'd be halfway comfortable, but all the other object creators just make me feel sick... :P
    I've got something pretty sick coming very soon. Stay tuned... ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorJcoasters

Sounds awesome if it's going to come from you!
    Yeah I think you'll enjoy it. It's actually my first *new* track that I will release...Sabertooth's trackwork was from 2007, and that of Breaking Point may be even older.
    • CommentAuthorCCJared

Is this the one you sent me the screen shots for or is it that project we're working on?
    Um...I don't remember what screens I sent you lol. I think no to both questions.
    •  
      CommentAuthorliddy97

I have an idea for a coaster. A spinning coaster that goes off a waterfall. You make the waterfall as an object and you make the coaster be like a boat. Just an idea. I don't know if I'll ever get around to doing it.
    • CommentAuthorDanKruga

im currently finishing up my intamin launched woodie... its taken me weeks to get it to look like a real world prototype. I also want to build a flying coaster that starts at the top of a hill and then the lift is at the bottom, kind of like a hang glider idea...
    •  
      CommentAuthorKilead90
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2010

I have been working on a launched racing wooden coaster. But, I can't complete it until I get better at the 3ds. The track is complete with supports and terraforming is also done. I am going for a Tron inspired Disney Space Theme, like Space Mountain, but outside. The ride itself is over 6000 meters long [both sides together], so this should be a super coaster.

Also, I have an idea to make a ride similar to The Revenge of the Mummy. I actually have the ride specifications from when I worked at Universal. It will be fully themed, but a slightly different story line, because the original is not that in-depth. I have actually started on the 3d mummies and the ride is looking really good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorXpress
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2010

I tried fooling around with this earlier this morning.

Can anyone here export sketchup models to 3ds, and remove the black face issue?
    • CommentAuthorjoe9514
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2010

^Yes. I use Anim8or to fix the lighting problem and it works great for me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRandomman4
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2010

Posted By: DC High HeatCan anyone here export sketchup models to 3ds, and remove the black face issue?

DC really? I thought you knew how to do this?!
    • CommentAuthordanball
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2010 edited

Posted By: XpressI tried fooling around with this earlier this morning.

That looks good, Xpress; maybe you should complete it. Is the drop vertical, 90+ degrees, 90- degrees?
    (Oh, sorry if the picture doesn't work, my computer is messing me around).
    •  
      CommentAuthorXpress
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2010

It looks like it's 89.5*, so essentially 90*, but not.

I don't think I'm going to finish it any time soon, I like to play around with ideas in my head, and put them onto paper/newton2 to see how they work out.
    • CommentAuthorReal
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2010 edited

Posted By: Randomman4
    Posted By: DC High HeatCan anyone here export sketchup models to 3ds, and remove the black face issue?

DC really? I thought you knew how to do this?!

Dc just a n00b. :P

Yea Dc, I thought you knew how to do this!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDC High Heat
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2010 edited

I don't have 3dsMax and Anim8or won't accept my png files. To fix it with Anim8or I'd have to retexture all the double sided objects. I'll pass on that unless completely necessary.

If you weren't such a n00b, Real, you'd know that. Unfortunately...
    • CommentAuthorReal
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2010

Fix your png files then!

Im revoking your n00b status and now calling you a b00b. LOLz
    That's cool. I like b00bs.
    I haven't started this, nor have any idea (yet) what the ride's type will be, but I have thought about it for a while, and once I finish LightHeart, this is the project I plan to take up.
    As I said in my coaster story thread, I love haunted houses and Halloween almost as much as roller coasters, so obviously for Halloween I want to do something big! :)

This is what I have in mind, it is going to be either an Intamin aqua-trax or a mine train.
    The way the theme will be set up is similar to that of Aeris, but the actual theme is nothing like it.
    You will get on the train and make a turn to the left before dropping down into a mine, when exiting the mine tunnel, you will find yourself in the midst of Netherworld, a forgotten land of evil. (Dictionary Definition: The world of the dead).
    I have 3 things done for the ride, the logo, the theme, and 1 3d object; The Witch King, he is the focal point of the ride, and can be seen in the teaser pic I will post below. (He is awesome, lol) Basically he is a medieval witch ruling devil. :P (Made by my friend, big thanks to him) :)
    The ride will be inside a spooky mountain covered with dead trees, and the que will be a thrilling experience as you ascend the mountain.
    I hope to have it done as close as possible to Halloween, and if I have to I will delay LightHeart to work on it. ;)

All in all it should be very highly themed, (hopefully low-poly), and an awesome thrilling experience.
    Here is the teaser pic. (with logo) containing The Witch King. :)

(not actually trademarked) ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorHazBruv

^ is it really ™-ed?

Gah, I have too many idea's, one of which is a launched intamin prefab, with a kinda tophat element. Another one is like a giga prefab. I have a big project on a the moment so I can't pursue these concepts yet :/
    ^Haha no, I just thought it looked cooler with the ™ symbol.
    •  
      CommentAuthorXpress

Oh, so claiming something that's not eh?
    ^Well you claim your rides are good... ;)

lolol burnnn :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorXpress

^There's a difference between good, and great.
    I just thought it looked more professional that way...?
    The name is not mine.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBrandonR
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2010

Posted By: XpressOh, so claiming something that's not eh?

You can use the TM symbol to declare something you believe is original but not officially trademarked. Officially registering the trademark something is what the ® symbol is for.
    Alrighty.
    This is the background for a ride I have wanted to construct for a year or so, but never felt I was ready I guess you could say. This is going to be my major project after I finish Netherworld. I may work between the two as well, just to mix it up and have a little fun. ;)

Pretty much everything on the logo is hand drawn, including the planet. The text was obviously a font but it was edited to look the way it does now. I spent a while adjusting and drawing effects and such too. It is also a transparent picture.
    Here is the background of what Orpheus means and is....

Orpheus is an alternate name for Thea. This rogue planet smashed into Earth to form the Moon in what is known as the Giant Impact theory and was about the size of Mars. The collision completely destroyed the rogue planet. The material that did not form the Moon was absorbed by Earth. This is why material from Earth is found within the rocks of the moon.
    Earth would have been a very different planet without Orpheus crashing into it. This is known as Earth phase 1. It looked much like Jupiter in the matter that it had swirling clouds, and almost all of the surface was water. Earth after this collision during the very beginning of our planet was known as Earth phase 2... or the Earth similar to what we know today. Land was deposited by Orpheus, eventually creating the solid mass that pertained during the dinosaur era, called Pangaea. But something else we know is, Orpheus also deposited water. This almost certainly means that Orpheus looked very similar to Earth; another blue planet. Though this planet died and gave us life... had it not, and somehow the human race still formed, Orpheus's orbit (in between Mars and Earth) would come close enough once a year, that from Earth, it would potentially look like we have another moon, just like Earth. Which would be an amazing sight. It is also very possible that Orpheus would have supported life as well.
    (Mars was also believed to be a blue planet in the beginning of its life as well, but suffered an impact from a comet, destroying its atmosphere, and eventually evaporating all water from its surface.)
    Can you imagine how different life would be, with 3 blue planets in our solar system? That we could potentially travel between? I just find that amazing.
    Think of Pandora from the movie Avatar to give you an idea of what the ride will sort of be like, as if you were riding through a similar, but different world.
    This ride is going to be themed as if you were on the surface of Orpheus, with amazing new plant and animal life, staring up at its moon, and... Earth. It will be realistic, and it will have a foggy environment with Earth and some moons in the sky-box, and I am going to model a sort of "Disney like" projector aimed at the planets to add realism. I know it is possible... it would probably be really expensive irl though. Which is the beauty of No-Limits. :)

So that's the idea.
    And here is the rides current logo...

Photobucket

I wouldn't expect a thread for a month or two, but I was eager to share the idea and hear your opinions, so here you go. :)

I am only saying this because I don''t want the idea taken, it's not official, but please listen to it anyways. haha ;)
    © 2011 By: Thrills Entertainment Company
    Posted By: ThrillsEntertainmentSo that's the idea.

Haha, yeah. It sounds like a great idea though! I'm just doubting that it'll truly happen, but if you do it, it could be a new favorite coaster here on the exchange. Sounds really phenomenal, but I don't know how you'd pull it off!

Maybe 3D work just isn't as daunting to you as it is to other people...and I sure hope that's true!
    Thanks. ;)
    I'm becoming a little more familiar with 3ds Max and Maya, so that should be helpful.
    I mean don't expect AVATAR quality or anything lol, but it should be of nice quality 3ds. I've got to finish Netherworld before I move on to it though, that ride has been a major pain in my hiney, haha.
    I've had the idea for around a year, and its always been something I've wanted to attempt. I finally feel as if I am ready to at least give it a shot.
    This is one of those major projects that you've always wanted to try, but never felt up to it, or it was way out of reach. I have gotten to a point where it seems somewhat reasonable with a lot of work. And I have no due date, so it could wind up being a year long project. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. ;)
    Summers winding around the corner, that is about when I would expect some of the first updates.
    When I get around to it, I'll throw together some concept drawings to explain my idea more clearly. :)
    • CommentAuthorA113
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2011

im making a ride
    ^Me too!
    I'm going to recreate Th13teen. I will also make a thread for it before it's practically done, as I usually don't do.
    How do you plan to simulate the drop?
    My 'Sean Paul: Temperature the ride' will be much better.
    I dont know. lol
    ^Good planning. :P
    The best, right?
    I'm planning on making a 150m tall intamin with i305-like trackwork and heavy theming and a high capacity rate. Should take a few millenia.

Calling it Apocalypse
    I made a Th13teen before the ride came out with a POV. I just went by the layout. I think that my version came out better than the real thing because it has much more airtime and intense forces than on the real Th13teen.
    I am planning on doing a ride when I can make mind-blowing 3ds. It will be a Intamin Gigi called "King of the Mounitain" or something like that. It will race around a mountain going through a lot of tunnels, some of the tunnels will be dark and some of them will be filled with interesting plants like in Avatar. Others will be filled with monsters and Terrible things!
    •  
      CommentAuthorcheetah
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2011

Im making a Temple-themed launched euro-fighter with some interesting elements and a few surprises...Also my first ride with lots of good objects to accompany it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorcheetah
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2011

Or a portal themed launch coaster...