Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

If you keep up with gaming news then you'll know about this fairly new game (1 year old) called Minecraft.

The premise is simple: You have an unlimited world to explore (procedurally generated as you explore) and mine resources in the day and hide or fight zombies at night. When you're done mining you can craft resources into tools, weapons, etc ...

It doesn't sound that great, it's something you have to play to know what everyone is banging on about.

Minecraft Trailer

Here's a tree someone made:

So, does anyone play? Would love to join some miners online and build something awesome (a roller coaster perhaps!).

• CommentAuthormrfeeny
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2010

I've heard of it but never really checked it out. It sounds really fun though so i may have to check it out.
    • CommentAuthorMaverick
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2010

That looks pretty neat. Funny how graphics are being sacrificed for simplicity and depth... going back in time anyone? :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorCalakapepe
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2010

It's like modern retro.
    • CommentAuthormrfeeny

I just watched all of seananners vids about it on youtube and it looks sweet. I'll definately be getting this game soon.
    ^Watch out though, the full game kills your computer's framerates! The classic, in-browser free version does fine, but when you download the full version onto your computer (I did such in other ways than normal ;)...), I found the lowest graphic settings to still make it about 5 fps when running the game.
    • CommentAuthorReal

That means I need to see how many system handles it, lol.
    • CommentAuthorC-A_99

The reasons it would run very slow should be pretty obvious. Aside from the fact that drawing everything out of cubes probably wastes hundreds of thousands of polygons, the engine may be very badly done. Its definitely an interesting idea though.
    ^actually, the reason the framerate is slow is because the game is constantly randomly generating the world around you, it is unlimited in size, so when you get towards the edge of the area the game just makes more and more.. btw, this game is really amazing! Definitely worth the low price :)
    • CommentAuthorrct800
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2011

Minecraft is great. You can join my Hamachi Server. Just whisper!
    BUMP

I know this hasn't been active for half a year, BUT i've just bought myself Minecraft BETA 1.8.1 and i'm hooked. I've been playing on the CoasterCrazy server and it's good fun but a bit quiet, so I thought we should consider doing an NLE server and get everyone involved.

-Archy
    •  
      CommentAuthorLing
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2011

It looks like the kind of thing I would love, but as an Architecture major, I waste too much time on here and Reddit as it is.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAJClarke0912
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2011 edited

I'm really considering buying MC, but I dunno. Does anyone have a gift code or something that you'd like to give out to me? If so that would obviously wonderful, but I understand if you don't want too lol.

I really wanna play on the CoasterCrazy server though. I used to be able to play online with my not-so-registered-version, but now that doesn't work anymore. :(

Eventually I may buy it, but meh.
    • CommentAuthormrfeeny

It is a fun server, there's some pretty cool stuff over there. I just got an Idea for a project of mine that I'll start working on soon.
    dude, it's 25% off at the moment on the BETA version of 1.8 so it's down to like 11 dollars. GET IT!

It's the sort of thing where you can just pop on for an hour here and there and do stuff, then when i'm on i'll do a little bit then someone else and eventually we can all build and amazing NLE world.

EVERYONE GET IT!!!
    I have it and it doesn't "kill" your framerate if you use the right settings.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

Go Minecraft!
    ^ Minecraft for the win.
    • CommentAuthorrct800
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2011

Oh yea, BUY IT!
    So who's got and what servers are you on? Can we get an NLE server up and running?
    I keep getting errors! Grrrrr.....
    • CommentAuthorrct800
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2011

Posted By: The_ArchitectSo who's got and what servers are you on? Can we get an NLE server up and running?

I've got minecraft and I'm playing on my own server. I could Host another Server but it would work with hamachi and it wouldn't work all Day Long... Maybe we could ask mathew to Host it on the nle Servers :)
    ^thats what im on about lol. I've got my own server, but like you its not all day access, or upto speed for multiple people. But NLE on the other hand....
    • CommentAuthorROLLER97
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2011

I have a (not so legit (<-- shame)) version of minecraft, I could host a server, but only for a few people and it wouldn't be up that long and not at all for you American people cause I live in the Netherlands :) But if you want I could try...
    Gotta love it. <3
    I'm actually thinking of doing an NL coaster based on Minecraft (With the land made of those little blocks, most likely an indoor coaster...?), probably called Obsidian. Any thoughts?
    • CommentAuthorIronWolfman
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2012 edited

^little bit of a bump there...

Also, that sounds like a Great Idea!

BTW just got off of 2 Hours of Minecraft & 3 hours of NL. I have No Life xD (actually, I'm just up late cuz my 8th grade trip is in 3 hours and I have nothing to do).
    If my computer didn't run as fast as a potato I'd show you the mega-lite I made on CoasterCrazy. It has upward lighting and all... really sweet looking.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnonymous
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2012 edited

Posted By: IronWolfman(actually, I'm just up late cuz my 8th grade trip is in 3 hours and I have nothing to do).

Besides sleeping? LOL

I bought Minecraft about 2 months ago, and have played it every day. We do need a server(*cough* as long as mods are allowed*cough* (or not)!
    • CommentAuthorROLLER97
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2012

I am actually starting to learn java to make mods for Minecraft right now :D
    ^ or you guys could just play the CoasterCrazy Server?

Adress is:

minecraft.coastercrazy.com

Anyone is welcome and most of us are coaster fanatics.
    ...or you could come to the awesome (but, I'll be honest, somewhat laggy) Ezpcraft server. (*cough*ezp.sytes.net*cough*)
    Anyway, I'm working right now on an image teaser for the coaster. Looking pretty awesome. :D
    • CommentAuthormrfeeny
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2012

Coastercrazy server is where it's at, We have a small theme park going and I'm also recreating the Burj Khalifa on it.
    Posted By: mrfeenyCoastercrazy server is where it's at, We have a small theme park going and I'm also recreating the Burj Khalifa on it.

Amazing work there mrfreeny! Well worth seeing you guys.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJHawk
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2012

I really need help. I am just about pulling my hair out here with all this frustration.

My family has a desktop with internet that we all share. My computer, however, does not have internet. Also, I just bought a copy of Minecraft off of their website , however, I would like to move it to my personal computer. (Yes, my purchase of Minecraft is full and legal.) I have heard it is possible to move Minecraft to a computer without internet, but all the tutorials have not helped. No matter what I try, there is always a problem. The most common one is that the "Play Offline" button is greyed out and cannot be used at all. There have also been problems in which Minecraft opens, but wont let me open, edit, rename, change, delete, or add worlds.

Ive read walkthroughs in which you write your own batch file, reprogram Minecraft, run it off of your Flashdrive, and alot of other things, all which have failed. I'm trying to do this legaly. I really want this to work. I just want Minecraft. So if anyone can help, you would be doing me the biggest favor in the word, because Ive tried everything.
    •  
      CommentAuthorxmantoo00
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2012

^What you need to do is find the source folder on your family computer, drag the minecraft folder out of it, put it on a flash drive, and put the folder into your computer, in the location it says under the "options" tab. Hope that helped!
    Yeah, be sure to transfer over the Minecraft folder from AppData. I think that's what the game itself automatically downloads from the Internet on the first launch, and it contains your single-player saves as well. Copy that AND Minecraft.exe, and move both of those in the same locations on the new computer. Hopefully that would work, otherwise I'm not sure.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJHawk
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2012

Ive done this, but when the login fails and it says, "cant connect to minecraft.net" (which is supposed to happen since I dont have internet on that one) the "play offline" button is greyed out and in parenthesis, it says "not downloaded". WTF!
    Posted By: JHawkIve done this, but when the login fails and it says, "cant connect to minecraft.net" (which is supposed to happen since I dont have internet on that one) the "play offline" button is greyed out and in parenthesis, it says "not downloaded". WTF!

The way minecraft works is that if you bought an account, when you login for the first time, it has to be online because the game downloads minecraft.jar for the first time, then you can play offline.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcrider4
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2012

Why exactly can't your computer get Internet?
    •  
      CommentAuthorJHawk
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2012 edited

My electronic device for storing and processing data (typically in binary form, according to instructions given to it in a variable program) is capable of gaining access to the internet, but my female parental unit disalows this action, as she belives it is forbidden.

In other words, my mom wont let me.

^Oh yeah, I did finally get it to work. For some reason, the first time I transfered, the entire .minecraft folder was empty. Tried it again and everything was fine. So... yay!
    Hey, did anyone else get that new snapshot? What is it, like, 12w22a? Something like that.
    Anyway, it's really awesome, with the new fancy menu and the tripwires and temples and such, but it sucks that there's basically no servers that use it. Anyone know any good ones?
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcrider4
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2012

No. I still am not sure how to install a snapshot (tho I haven't really done any research on how to. Do I have to be able to play online to get it (I have Internet, but not an account. A friend let me use their login to download the game files, so I can play, but only offline until I get my own account).
    •  
      CommentAuthorJHawk
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2012

I made it to the end and almost fell asleep during that narrative thingy at the end. I thought it was deep and meaningfull, but I just dont have the attention span.
    Posted By: JHawkI made it to the end and almost fell asleep during that narrative thingy at the end. I thought it was deep and meaningfull, but I just dont have the attention span.

Just press escape.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJHawk
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2012

Well I was waiting for some insanely awesome cut-scene or a game altering reward... but alas, no such luck. Back to beating squid with a shovel.
    ^^^^Just download it, and replace the minecraft.jar already in your minecraft app support folder (or whatever the Windows equivalent of that is) with the new one that you download.

^Entertainment at it's best. X3
    BUMP!

So i've got an actual server now:

+ Always on, everyday of the year
    + Up to 90 Players online at anytime
    + 4096MB of Dedicated RAM
    + Bukkit Server
    + 5GB of SSD Space
    + Mumble for Voice Communication

So please, come on by and hang out. It's like 3 days old and i need members! The address is:

bukkit.game-server.cc

Put that in your multi-player address box, under "new server".
    •  
      CommentAuthorIbanez
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2012

^time for me to buy minecraft :) and not using the cracked one xD
    •  
      CommentAuthorxmantoo00

Nice server you got there! It's nice to be able to chat with NL-E people (and others) in real time.
    • CommentAuthorROLLER97

Posted By: Ibanez^time for me to buy minecraft :) and not using the cracked one xD

Do it! you'll not regret it. (I got the premium version a few weeks ago)

Btw, I am lagging a lot on the server. On single player I have stable 70 fps, (I have a brand new build computer (today build)), and I have 3 fps on your server...